Central East Community Care Access Centre
Central East Community Care Access Centre works with physicians, hospital teams and other health care providers to enhance access and coordination for people who need care in the community.
The Centre helps people to:
- Live independently at home
- Apply for admission to a long-term care home
Services are directed at minimizing hospital admissions, decreasing length of stay in hospital, as well as maintaining or delaying admission to long-term facilities. The Access Centre provides people of all ages in Haliburton county, Northumberland county and the City of Kawartha Lakes with health care and support services to maximize independence.
The Centre works with you to manage your health care needs at home. The Care Coordinator carries out an assessment of your needs, develops a service plan, oversees the delivering of service by contracted service provider organizations and regularly monitors these services.
To receive in-home services from the Central East Community Care Access Centre, a person must have:
- A valid Ontario Health Card
- Needs that cannot be met on an outpatient basis
- A medical condition that can be adequately treated in the home
- A need for at least one health care professional or personal support service
The Central East Community Care Access Centre is located in the Whitney Town Centre in Lindsay and can be reached by phone at 705-324-9165 or 1-800-374-0285.