Mental Health Outpatient Program & Community Counselling
Mental Health Outpatient Program & Community Counselling
How to Complete a Referral for Services
Self-referrals for Day Hospital Program and RAAM Clinic can be initiated by calling Central Intake at (705)328-6064 Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
Referrals can also be made by your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner.
Download our Mental Health Referral form here.
Our service is appropriate for residents within the City of Kawartha Lakes and surrounding area who are 18 years of age or older and who are seeking assistance for acute mental health and/or addiction concerns.
Download our Mental Health Program Brochure here.
Where We Are
Mental Health Outpatient Program, RAAM Clinic & Mental Health Inpatient
Enter through the main doors of the hospital. Take the orange elevator located behind the Reflections Café to the second floor. Head left out of the elevator and go through a set of double doors marked 'Mental Health.'
Enter through the main doors of the hospital. Take the yellow elevators, located next to Obstetrics, to the second floor. Make a left off of the elevator and enter Community Counselling.
There is metered parking for all visitors. Community Care can also be contacted for transportation assistance. Some clients who receive ODSP may be eligible to claim parking expenses.
Services Offered By Community Counselling and Mental Health Outpatient Program:
- Psychiatric Consultation (requires referral from physician or nurse practitioner)
- EPI- Early Psychosis Intervention
- Day Hospital Program (Group Therapy)
- Metabolic Clinic / Medication Clinic
- Crisis Support
- Brief Intervention
- Adult Counselling
- RAAM Clinic (Rapid Access Addiction Medicine)
If you are in crisis and require emergency support you can be seen by the Crisis RN in our Emergency Department 7 days a week.
The Mental Health Day Hospital Program are groups that run 4 days a week from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. This program consists of an inter-disciplinary Treatment Team that works in conjunction with community agencies, your physician, your family and you. A mental health clinician will assist you in developing your individual goals and work with you to monitor your success.
Joining a Day Program to help you manage your symptoms is a form of treatment. Attending and participating in group programs during recovery from a mental illness is proven to be very effective for many people.
Wellness and health are not only marked by the absence of illness, but by the presence of positive feelings. Understanding mental illness is the key to treatment and Ross Memorial Hospital is proud to offer our community these specialized programs closer to home.
- ABC`s of Anxiety
- CBT: Thoughts & Feelings
- ACT for Depression
- Self-Esteem & Compassion
- Building Happiness
- Addressing Thinking Patterns
- DBT – Emotion Regulation / Distress Tolerance
- DBT – Interpersonal Effectiveness
Virtual Mental Health Sessions:
Our team has provided online mental health sessions presented by a mental healthcare practitioner. These sessions were one-way (no participation from attendees) and can be viewed below.
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, June 10, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/298622951
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, June 3, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/297430611
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, May 27, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/295632673
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, May 20, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/294106809
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, May 13, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/292610273
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, May 6, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/291647661
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, April 29, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/289113803
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, April 22, 2021: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/287609657
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, April 15: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/286128524
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, April 1: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/282980679
Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, March 25: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/281634888
Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, March 16th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/279922156
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, March 18: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/279922667
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, March 9th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/278209382
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, March 11: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/278210081
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, March 2nd: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/276681544
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, March 4: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/276682067
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, February 23rd: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/274982522
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, February 25: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/274983023
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, February 16th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/273526203
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, February 18: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/273526447
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, February 9th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/271974920
- Self-Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, February 11: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/271976203
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, February 2nd: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/270706742
- Self Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, February 4: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/270707920
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, January 26th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/268623085
- Self-Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, January 28: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/268623915
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, January 19th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/266976947
- Self-Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, January 21: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/266977482
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, January 12th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/265607363
- Self-Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, January 14: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/265611703
- Anxiety Drop-in Group, Tuesday, January 5th: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/263570442
- Self-Esteem & Recovery Drop-in Group, Thursday, January 7: https://webcast.otn.ca/videos/263571339
RAAM (Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinic)
WHAT DOES RAAM DO?
RAAM offers fast access to medication assisted therapy for both alcohol and opioid use disorders. RAAM also offers brief support/referral for individuals not currently connected to addiction recovery services and resources.
No appointment or referral is necessary.
THE RAAM TEAM
RAAM provides a safe space where you can get help from a physician, nurse or addiction counsellor for your substance use and/or addiction. Our team can help provide you with the tools to support your goals.
OUR PHILOSOPHY FOR TREATMENT AND CARE ARE:
• Trauma informed
• Without judgment
• A healing environment
If you are feeling nervous or hesitant about going to the clinic, feel free to bring along a friend or family member. You are welcome to come to the clinic even if you are not sure that you have a substance use problem, or you know you have a problem but are not ready to stop yet.
RAAM CLINIC LOCATIONS, HOURS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC)
George Street Pharmacy
432 George St. N.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Call to book an appointment at one of the following locations:
Ross Memorial Hospital
10 Angeline Street North, Lindsay ON
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1011 Elgin Street West, Suite 200 (2nd Floor), Cobourg ON
(905)377-9891 ext. 200
Haliburton Highlands Mental Health Services
14 IGA Rd, Suite 201 Heritage Plaza, Minden ON
All counselling requests are handled in the strictest of confidence and are free of charge to all residents of the City of Kawartha Lakes.
In order to protect your confidentiality, your written approval is required prior to the release of any information either verbal or written, except in circumstances where the legal system requires disclosure.
Any declarations regarding risk to others or other illegal activities may require disclosure to the legal system.
Your personal health information is protected under the "Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004" (PHIPA). This law sets out the rules that we as healthcare providers must follow when collecting, using and sharing your personal health information.
This law also gives you the right to:
- Give permission to how your personal health information is collected, used and shared
- Request access to your health records
To find out more about your rights under PHIPA please go to http://www.ipc.on.ca/ or call 1-800-387-0073.
Client Complaint Procedure
Ross Memorial Hospital is committed to providing high quality, timely, sensitive service to our clients. We would very much appreciate hearing any concerns you may have about the services we provide.
Share your concerns with your therapist and/or staff of the main office who will immediately contact the Program Manager or Director.
24-Hours Crisis Links
Ross Memorial Hospital has 24-hour crisis links with other hospitals in the region as follows:
Ross Memorial Hospital
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Lakeridge Health - Oshawa
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
24-Hour Crisis Line
Other community mental health services include:
HOPE (Helping Others through Peer Education)
Canadian Mental Health Association
Four County Crisis
For other support and service information, please go to Emergency Phone Numbers, Support Services and Resources.