COVID-19 Assessment Centre Opens at Ross Memorial Hospital
Lindsay, ON- March 15, 2020 – To respond to the increasing need for COVID-19 assessment in the City of Kawartha Lakes, Ross Memorial Hospital opened a COVID-19 Assessment Centre on the morning of March 15, 2020.
If you suspect you might have COVID-19:
- An individual who has recent travel history outside of Canada AND symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty breathing should complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment on the Ontario.ca/coronavirus page
- Contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 or the HKPR District Health Unit (www.hkpr.on.ca) at 1-866-888-4577 ext. 5020.
- If symptoms are severe, please call 911 and alert the dispatcher to your travel history and symptoms.
About the RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre
The RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located at the hospital, 10 Angeline St. North, in Lindsay, within the Ambulance Bay. It is a ‘drive-thru’ centre, with marked entrance from Angeline St. N. The hours of operation are between 10a.m. and 10p.m. daily. At this time, patients seeking assessment at the centre are not required to make an appointment. Patients should attend the RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre only on the advice of Telehealth or Public Health.
What to Expect at the RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Patients must enter by vehicle in the marked entrance from Angeline St. N and follow direction from staff or security to enter “Lane 2” (Lane 1 is reserved for Ambulances)
- Remain in vehicle at all times, unless instructed to exit the vehicle by staff
- An assessment will be completed by clinical staff, with patients remaining in vehicle
The RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre will assess and direct patients on next steps. These directions may include: to follow self-monitoring instructions; to go home to await test results under self-isolation; or to be escorted in to the Emergency Department for further assessment. Patients will be tested according to the Ministry of Health guidelines.
For the most recent information on COVID-19, please visit ontario.ca/coronavirus or the local Public Health Unit’s website at www.hkpr.on.ca. Ross Memorial Hospital has introduced enhanced measures for patients, visitors and volunteers during this time, as well as answers to frequently asked questions on their website at www.rmh.org/covid-19. All RMH care and services are operating normally at this time.
For more information, please contact:
Amanda Carvalho, Communications and Public Affairs Officer
Ross Memorial Hospital email@example.com, 705-328-4548