Cardiac Care at the Heart of Local Health Fair
The Ross Memorial Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation team and the Kawartha Lakes Paramedic Service are inviting the public to a Health Fair with a focus on heart health. The event will take place Wednesday, February 22nd between 11am and 2pm at the Ross Memorial Hospital in the main lobby.
- CPR demonstrations and hands-on practice
- Blood pressure testing using the new BP True (it takes six readings for accuracy)
- Understand the use of defibrillators in the community (and at home)
- Learn about the ‘Code Stemi’ program (certain symptoms result in patients’ transport directly to PRHC for immediate intervention by a cardiologist)
- Understand why you should always call 911 (taking the car is taking a risk)
- Get a Patient Medical Information card for your refrigerator (it could save your life)
- Enter a draw for a home CPR kit or a FitBit
- Meet your local heart-health team from the Ross Memorial, CKL Paramedics and the Heart & Stroke Foundation
This event is free and open to all. Parking in the Hospital’s long-term lot will be free during the Health Fair.