Ambulatory Care Unit
The Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) opened on the 1st floor of the hospital in January 2006.
The unit provides assessment/treatment and teaching for patients who do not require inpatient admission and general anaesthetic. All clinics require physician referral. Services and procedures provided by the ACU include:
- Minor Surgery Procedures
- Transfusion of Blood Products
- Fracture Clinic
- Surgical Pre-Operative Assessment Clinic
Information for Patients
- Bring your Ontario Health Card
- Bring your Red Ross Memorial Hospital card, if you have one
- Present a list of medications you are currently taking at home, including any non-prescription drugs taken regularly
- Present a list of any know allergies and/or sensitivities
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment
- Adult patients are encouraged to select one support person to accompany them to their ACU appointment. Where others are integral to meet the patient’s physical, emotional, or language needs, exceptions may be made.
- Following a procedure, a driver is often required to be available to escort the patient home. Please ask your support person/driver to check with the hospital receptionist for instructions before leaving the ACU.