- Healthy Living Classes
- Individual Nutrition Counseling
Our team, comprised of registered dietitians, provide nutrition education for clients with a variety of nutritional concerns. Based on individual needs, clients will be offered either group or individual appointments.
Phone number: (705) 328-6091
What you need to know
Who can participate?
- Anyone is eligible to participate in the Healthy Living classes
- Individual appointments are by doctor or nurse practitioner referral only
If your doctor/nurse practitioner is part of the City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team, please call (705) 328-9853 for an appointment (www.cklfamilyhealthteam.com/ourteam.php)
If your doctor/nurse practitioner is part of the Community Health Centre, please call (705) 324-7323 for an appointment.
How do I register?
Your family doctor/nurse practitioner or other community agencies can refer you to the program. Self-referrals are also accepted for the Healthy Living classes, although further health information may be requested from your physician.
What education classes are offered?
All clients have access to the Health First Learning Opportunities. Click here to return to the Health First home page for Learning Opportunities.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Red Hospital Card
- Reading glasses, hearing aid if needed
- A list of medications in their original bottles, prescribed and over-the-counter, including herbals and vitamins/mineral supplements
- Paper and pen
- A list of questions you may have for the dietitian
Where is it located?
Classes and individual appointments are located at Ross Memorial Hospital. Specific locations vary. You will be informed of the location when your appointment is confirmed.
When are the Healthy Living classes?
- The Healthy Living classes are a series of two 2-hour talks offered on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- An individual appointment consists of a one-hour assessment with the dietitian to receive individualized counseling. Follow-up appointments will be provided as needed.
Where can I get more information on nutrition?
Dietitians of Canada: http://www.dietitians.ca
Eat Right Ontario: http://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Default.aspx
Health Canada: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/food-aliment/index-eng.php
Phone: (705) 328-6091
Fax: (705) 328-6202