Diabetes Education Team
Diabetes Healthcare Team
Certified Diabetes Educators
Our expertly trained, nationally Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) and certification-eligible clinicians includes Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Dietitians (RD). You can see these specialists one-on-one, or get the information and motivation you need through a variety of programs and classes. They work together as a team to provide coordinated sequenced learning activities.
Your Diabetes Educators Team
Your Diabetes Educators Team will work with you either individually and or in groups to provide care that is tailored to your needs. We can achieve this by performing health and learning assessments, develop and update your individualized diabetes management education plan.
Here are some diabetes management skills we can help you with:
- Making healthy food choices and changing behaviours and habits
- Healthy nutrition to support weight management
- Setting physical activity goals and keep you informed of various exercises program available in the community
- Setting personalized goals and identifying the resources and support you need to achieve your goals
- Understand and perform blood glucose monitoring (if applicable)
- How to manage sick days
- Managing your diabetes when traveling across time zones
- Prevent, recognize and safely treat low or high blood glucose
- How to begin an intensive insulin program or insulin pump therapy and other new technologies
- Keep you up to date on the latest diabetes and nutrition information based on the best available research.
Our clerical staff schedule appointments, provide reminder calls and direct phone calls to the appropriate health professional.