Hospital Section Masthead

History

On November 20, 1902, the Ross Memorial Hospital officially opened its doors. James Ross, a civil engineer from Montreal and a former resident of Lindsay, donated the $80,000 Hospital in memory of his parents, John and Mary Ross. At its opening, the Hospital was fully equipped, with a capacity of 23 beds and with a nursing staff that consisted of a lady superintendent, a head nurse and four nurses in training.

Since then, some very significant milestones have included a number of construction and expansion projects.

Click here for more Historical Milestones

Click here for a biography of James Ross

Joomla SEO by AceSEF